Monday, January 5, 2009

Who Are You?

Well, after taking some time off from blogging due to the extremely busy holidays, I'm diving in head first for 2009!
I suspect these people in this photograph are possibly my Wozniak or Wieczorek relatives who resided here in the Chicago area (or maybe they were just visiting?) around 1890-1900. I wrote about them before my unknown ancestors, so now I am asking for your help in identifying just exactly who they are. There are and were many Wozniak and Wieczorek Polish immigrants residing in the Great Lakes area at the turn of the twentieth century. I know that my Great Grandparents Joseph and Mary Wozniak were married in Poland prior to their immigration in the late 1800's, so perhaps it is one of their family members. This is one of many brickwalls I have in regards to my Polish ancestors. My aunt owns the original and I've asked if she knows who these people are but she has no idea and there are no notations on the back of the photograph. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I really want to start 2009 off on a great note! Thanks

4 comments:

SpeakUp Librarian said...

I hope you solve this mystery! Good luck!
Sarah
P.S. It kind of reminds me of that classmates.com site. You need a unidentifiedrelatives.com site.

Judith Richards Shubert said...

Almost looks like royalty.

GeneaDiva said...

Does the bottom of the photo on the right read "Chicago"?

wendy said...

I'd think the wedding attire might provide a clue to discovering the place, time, and may lead to figuring out who this couple is. Good luck!

The Family

The family. We were a strange little band of characters trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another's desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that bound us all together. ~Erma Bombeck

Genealogy Pox, author unknown

WARNING: GENEALOGY POX IS VERY CONTAGIOUS!

SYMPTOMS: Continual complaint as to need for names, dates and places. Patient has a blank expressions, sometimes deaf to spouse and children. Has no taste for work of any kind, except feverishly looking through records at libraries and courthouses.
Has a compulsion to write letters. Swears at mailman when he doesn't leave mail. Frequents strange places such as cemeteries, ruins, and remote desolate country areas. Makes secret night calls and hides phone bills from spouse. Mumbles to self. Has strange, faraway look in eyes.

NO KNOWN CURE!

TREATMENT: Medication is useless. This disease is not fatal, but gets progressively worse. Patient should attend genealogy workshops, subscribe to genealogical magazines and be given a quiet corner in the house where he/she can be alone.

REMARKS: The unusual nature of this disease is that the sicker the patient gets, the more he or she enjoys it!