Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Bloggers Best Friend Award!



Much thanks goes out to Cheryl at Heritage Happens who awarded me this honor! For a number of months I really didn't spend much time working on my blog (as you can tell from the few posts). I decided for 2010 I was going to devote more time to my blog and reading my friends posts as well. So far so good....I've been keeping up with my "resolution".


I have enjoyed so many of the genealogy blogs that it is really hard to pick one. I love Heritage Happens~ Cheryl's blog, Jasia at Creative Gene, Becky at Kinexxions, Bill at West in New England, and Becky at Grace and Glory and MANY MORE.
One of the blogs I have discovered recently is Leah from Random Notes. Because of the poems that Bill and Leah wrote for the newest Carnival of Genealogy I was inspired to give it a whirl and attempt to write a family history poem.
Therefore, I am awarding this newest blog honor to Leah at Random Notes....with much admiration and thanks! Thank you Leah, you go girl....you've got a great genealogy blog. Thank you for sharing your stories and pictures and of course your POEMS with all of us!

1 comment:

Leah Kleylein said...

Oh gosh! Thanks so much for the compliments, you are way too kind!!! :-) But it's so cool to know someone reads all my ravings and enjoys it! :-D

The Family

The family. We were a strange little band of characters trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another's desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that bound us all together. ~Erma Bombeck

Genealogy Pox, author unknown

WARNING: GENEALOGY POX IS VERY CONTAGIOUS!

SYMPTOMS: Continual complaint as to need for names, dates and places. Patient has a blank expressions, sometimes deaf to spouse and children. Has no taste for work of any kind, except feverishly looking through records at libraries and courthouses.
Has a compulsion to write letters. Swears at mailman when he doesn't leave mail. Frequents strange places such as cemeteries, ruins, and remote desolate country areas. Makes secret night calls and hides phone bills from spouse. Mumbles to self. Has strange, faraway look in eyes.

NO KNOWN CURE!

TREATMENT: Medication is useless. This disease is not fatal, but gets progressively worse. Patient should attend genealogy workshops, subscribe to genealogical magazines and be given a quiet corner in the house where he/she can be alone.

REMARKS: The unusual nature of this disease is that the sicker the patient gets, the more he or she enjoys it!